Debt Transparency: Incentivizing Disclosure
Fri, Oct 15, 2021
Most policymakers and experts around the world agree that some level of debt transparency is required for effective sovereign liability management. But there is far less agreement on what information should be disclosed, who should disclose, and whether disclosure should be enforced. A panel of leading experts will share their views on these pressing questions. Additional speakers may be announced later on.
- Joaquim Levy, Director for Economic Strategy and Market Relations, Banco Safra S.A.
- Richard J. Cooper, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- William R. Rhodes, Co-Chair, Sovereign Debt Working Group, BWC
- John Lipsky, Co-Chair, Sovereign Debt Working Group, BWC
- Emily Slater, Executive Director, BWC (moderator)