The Bretton Woods Committee is seeking to hire an experienced Program Director.
The Program Director develops and oversees all BWC programming including implementation of flagship conferences, working groups, advocacy and special projects. We are looking for an experienced, goal-oriented member of our growing team who is excited to expand and diversify our programming. The deadline to apply is by July 16, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Program Director develops and oversees all BWC programming including implementation of flagship conferences, working groups, advocacy and special projects. We are looking for an experienced, goal-oriented member of our growing team who is excited to expand and diversify our programming. The position is a core member of BWC’s senior management team alongside the Executive Director and Director of Membership. The senior management team works with the Board of Directors to shape and implement BWC’s strategic vision and plan.
The Program Director will be responsible for program targets established through BWC’s 3-year strategic plan including expanding BWC’s programming in scope and geography; deepening BWC’s influence and impact; and positioning BWC as the global authority on multilateral economic cooperation. The position reports to the Executive Director and oversees one direct report whom you will have the opportunity to recruit and hire.
- Lead the design and implementation of BWC’s current and future programs ensuring quality and success and alignment with the organization’s strategic vision and plan.
- Provide overall management of BWC’s annual program calendar including flagship conferences, special projects, publications, Congressional outreach and all other working group activities and events (including roundtables, virtual conferences, panels, seminars and other events).
- Lead the end-to-end planning and execution of all conferences and events including conceptualizing program themes and topics, speaker identification and outreach, drafting background and preparatory materials, press outreach and publicity, managing participant invitation and registration processes, venue coordination and all other logistics.
- Oversee the production and distribution of all working group publications including managing the content creation process and timeline, the drafting and review cycle, graphic design, copyedit, layout, printing, press outreach and publicity, and distribution.
- Provide programmatic, content and policy expertise in BWC’s core issue areas including international finance, trade and economic development, and regularly brief the Executive Director.
- Co-lead communications efforts by providing content expertise for BWC’s member communications, Annual Report, newsletter, website, social media, and other marketing materials.
- Schedule, facilitate, and prepare materials and communications for program-related meetings with the Executive Committee, Program Committee and Board of Directors.
- Support annual resource-generating activities particularly event sponsorships.
- Support relationship cultivation and liaising with diverse stakeholders including members, partner institutions, government officials, event speakers and sponsors.
- Oversee and provide professional growth opportunities for program staff and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of program management or policy experience at increasing levels of responsibility.
- A healthy understanding of the multilateral institutions and landscape and strong knowledge of current issues, policies and trends in global finance, trade and economics.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization externally.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team in managing multiple and simultaneous projects with a high level of organization, collaboration, timeliness, accuracy and results.
- Ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, outcomes-driven, entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for BWC’s mission and commitment to international economic cooperation.
- Experience working in a multilateral institution, government, non-profit organization or academia.
- Experience working with senior officials and executives with a high level of professionalism.
- Experience in the context of smaller organizations.
- Proficiency in all programs of MS-Office suite. Knowledge of Zoom, CRM databases, MailChimp or other e-mail platforms and social media (Twitter, LinkedIn) a plus.
- Master’s degree or PhD in international economics, finance, relations, or related field.
Salary and Benefits
$80,000-$100,000+ dependent upon experience; employer sponsored health care and retirement plans; paid vacation, sick and parental leave; flexible schedule.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample (2-3 pages) to Emily Slater at [email protected] with subject line: BWC Program Director.