Latin American Chamber of Commerce in Switzerland | Tue, Apr 27, 2021
by William R. Rhodes
The IDB is the leading source of development financing in the region. Since September 2020, it is under new leadership, which has numerous challenges on its agenda, some of them associated with the pandemic that are without precedent.
The session focused on questions such as:
• the economic growth of Latin America after the cataclysmic set-back,
• what programs have been developed for countries that cannot afford vaccinations,
• how the IDB deals with the Venezuelan refugee crisis,
• IDB’s support to climate change adaptation and mitigation,
• and the future role of China in Latin America.