Date and time
by invitation only
Rayburn House Office Building
This seminar will explain:
- The distinctive work and operations of IFIs, such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank Group, Asian Development Bank (ADB), and other multilateral development banks (MDBs)
- How the international financial institutions play a major role in assuring international financial stability and advance U.S. economic and security objectives, and
- IFI-related issues that are expected to surface during the year.
The program features remarks by:
- Craig Albright, Special Representative, North American Affairs, The World Bank Group
- The Honorable Bill Frenzel, Co-Chair, Bretton Woods Committee; Former Representative of Minnesota’s 3rd District
- Kalpana Kochhar, Deputy Director, Strategy, Policy and Review Department, International Monetary Fund
- The Honorable Jim Kolbe, BWC Co-Chair and Senior Transatlantic Fellow, German Marshall Fund of the United States; Former Representative of Arizona’s 8th District
- Randal Quarles, Managing Partner, Cynosure Investments; Former Under Secretary of the Treasury for Domestic Finance and U.S. Executive Director to the IMF
- Craig Steffensen, North American Representative, Asian Development Bank
The Committee would like to thank Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN) and her staff for their help securing the room for this event.