Bretton Woods and Global Growth: Evolving Stories
During its 32nd Annual Meeting, the Bretton Woods Committee will convene a constructive dialogue among public and multilateral leaders, Committee members, and experts across business, government and civil society to evaluate the unfolding chapters of global economic growth, development, and financial stability, and the roles for the Bretton Woods institutions within this changing growth story.
This year we will discuss how new chapters in multilateralism – including the changing global growth picture, the unique role of the IMF in Europe, the adoption and financing of the post-2015 development agenda, the establishment of potentially competing international financial institutions, and emerging actors and partnerships – are pushing the Bretton Woods institutions to re-examine their priorities and reshape themselves.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Nancy Birdsall, President, Center for Global Development
- Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer, World Bank
- Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, IMF
- Jacob J. Lew, Secretary, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Mahmoud Mohieldin, Corporate Secretary and President's Special Envoy, World Bank Group
- William R. Rhodes, President and CEO William R. Rhodes Global Advisors; Senior Advisor, Citibank and Citigroup
- George Soros, Chairman, Soros Fund Management
- James Wolfensohn, Chairman and CEO, Wolfensohn and Company
- And other global leaders
Please click here for the event summary
Special Thanks to our Partner Organization: