The Bretton Woods Committee is pleased to announce our partnering with the International Finance Forum (IFF) in Beijing.
The IFF works as a high-level platform for dialogue and communication and multilateral cooperation. It is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental international organization founded in Beijing in October 2003, established by financial leaders from more than 20 countries, and regions, including China, the United States, the European Union, emerging countries and leaders of international organizations such as the United Nations, the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
The IFF’s Annual Meeting 2022 will take place in a hybrid form in Guangzhou, China, December 2nd to 4th, 2022. BWC and IFF are jointly hosting the webinar The Ever-changing World: Reshaping Our Shared Future, at 7:00 AM EST on Dec. 4th, which concludes the Annual Meeting series of events with a reflection on the challenges and solutions ahead.
The global economy is facing increasing uncertainties under multiple concurrent challenges. Although China has effectively put the pandemic under control and continues to lead the global economic recovery, it still needs to address potential risks of further COVID-19 outbreaks, growing regional and global geopolitical tensions, and rising trade protectionism. The Russia-Ukraine conflict, the sanctions against Russia, the strategic competition between China and the United States, and the rise and fall of DeFi and crypto technology have brought uncertainty to the international financial system. What are the possible developments in the international financial landscape? How should international monetary and financial governance adapt? How will the international financial community raise to the challenges?
JOIN US TO BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION
IFF Evening Dialogue
Fragmentation and Reshape of the International Financial Systems
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 AM EST (Washington, DC), Sunday, December 4 /
8:00 - 9:30 PM BJT Time (Beijing), Sunday, December 4
- Richard Berner, Clinical Professor of Finance & Co-Director of the Stern Volatility and Risk Institute, NYU Stern School of Business
- Joaquim Levy, Director for Economic Strategy and Market Relations, Banco Safra S.A., and Former President, Brazilian Development Bank, Former Finance Minister of Brazil
- John Lipsky, Vice-Chair, Bretton Woods Committee, and Former First Deputy Managing Director, International Monetary Fund
- Guillermo Ortiz, IFF Board Member, Former Governor, Banco de Mexico, and Former Chairman, Board of Bank for International Settlements
- Siddharth Tiwari, IFF Vice President, and Former Chief Representative for Asia and Pacific of Bank for International Settlements
- Liqing Zhang, IFF Academic Committee Member, and Director of Center for International Finance Studies, Central University of Finance and Economics
- Jianhai Lin, IFF Vice President, Director of IFF Global Center, and Former Secretary, International Monetary Fund (Moderator)
To attend the event, please contact Program Associate, Ms. Chuyun Hu at [email protected], with the email subject “BWC-IFF Webinar”.