Current Blog Call
The BWC Blog aims to help global leaders envision how to evolve and strengthen the multilateral financial system and encourage policymakers to strengthen international economic cooperation. Calls for submissions vary dependent upon timely global events, but submissions are encouraged on any relevant topic on an ongoing basis.
Topic: The International Reach of the SVB failure
The recent failure of Silicon Valley Bank, followed by Signature Bank, and Credit Suisse’s growing problems have spooked markets and are fueling concerns around global contagion and another financial crisis. The unfolding drama has reignited questions around systemic risk and the appropriate level of regulation. The Basel III regulatory framework implemented in the aftermath of the 2008-2009 crisis has largely been viewed as a successful example of multilateral cooperation. Considering recent events and given the cross-border consequences of banking failures, will this episode prompt a revisit of minimum international regulatory standards and harmonization?
- Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Word count not to exceed 750 words per submission
- Submit in a Microsoft Word document
- Any citations should be hyperlinked
- Include a blog title
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis
- If not provided, we will include your full name and affiliation, a one-sentence professional bio, and a headshot or photo
Contact us at email@example.com for any additional information.