The Global Development Working Group will be established in 2023.
The Working Group will convene leaders across private, public and multilateral sectors to discuss emerging topics and innovative trends across the international development landscape.
The Global Development Working Group seeks to:
- Evaluate emerging trends and contribute to the thought leadership of innovative global development policy;
- Enhance dialogue and collaboration among private, public, civil society, and multilateral actors and explore opportunities for public-private partnerships;
- Encourage the multilateral development banks (MDBs) and their member governments to promote sustainable opportunities for economic growth.
The Global Development Working Group will cover a wide variety of development topics, including:
- Current forces shaping global development (e.g. inequality, infrastructure investment, climate change and sustainable development, migration, financial inclusion, transformative mobile technologies, etc.)
- Innovative financing mechanisms for development (e.g. public-private partnerships, results-based lending, theme bonds, microfinance, foreign direct investment, etc.)
- The role of global development actors (e.g. increasing private sector participation, new and existing MDBs, social impact enterprises, development finance agencies, etc.)