• COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY – ILAS – Visiting Scholar, since August 2019.
• BRAZIL WARRANT INVESTIMENTOS – Chief Investment Officer, since October 2015.
• BANCO ITAÚ – Vice President, Executive Board Member, Head of Institutional Treasury, November 2008 to March 2015.
• UNIBANCO - Managing Director, Head of Treasury and Economics Research, 2004-2008.
• UNIBANCO - Managing Director, Head of Risk and Economics Research, 2003-2004.
• DEUTSCHE BANK - Managing Director, Head of Global Markets Brazil, 2003.
• BANCO CENTRAL DO BRASIL - Deputy Governor for International Affairs and Voting Member of The Monetary Policy Committee, 1999 - 2002.
• CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON - Managing Director and Chief Economist of Latin American Emerging Markets Research, 1998 - 1999.
• BANCO DE INVESTIMENTOS GARANTIA - Chief Economist, 1996 - 1998.
• INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND - Economist, Exchange and Trade Relations and European Departments, 1991-1995.
• EAST-WEST CENTER, UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII - Consultant, Research Project on "Government, Financial Systems and Development: A Comparative Study of Selected Asian and Latin American Countries." 1991.
• UNIVERSIDADE FEDERAL DO RIO DE JANEIRO - Assistant Professor - Economics Department 1990-1991.
Other Professional Experience
• B3 (BM&F - BOVESPA) – Member of the Board, 2014-2015.
• FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF NEW YORK – Member, Foreign Exchange Committee, 2012-2015.
• ANDIMA (National Association of Open Market Institutions) – Member of the Board, 2005 – 2008.\
• Ph.D. in Economics, University of California, Berkeley, USA, 1990.
• M.A. in Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA, 1985.
• B.A. in Economics Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Magna Cum Laude, 1984.
• Courses on Economics and Political Science at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, 1980-81.
Continuing and Executive Education:
• Investment Decisions and Behavioral Finance, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 2016.
• Risk Management in Banking, Instead, 2002.